Country: United States
As Strategic Partnerships Director for Historypin, Jon is helping to build an open ecosystem of historical data across libraries, archives, and museums worldwide. Working with our vast network of cultural heritage, academic, and technology partners, Jon leads Historypin development of institutional infrastructure (like Linked Data, and the convening of game-changing conferences and working groups) and advises on our consumer-facing web and mobile products. He organized the first International Linked Open Data in Libraries, Archives & Museum Summit in 2011, as well as The Humanities and Technology unconference (THATCamp) Bay Area. Jon is based in San Francisco.
I'm the project manager for Civil War Data 150, a collaborative project to share and connect Civil War related data across local, state and federal institutions during the four year sesquicentennial of the American Civil War, beginning in April of 2011.
Blog Posts by This Author
- Dork Shorts and other videos from LODLAM Summit 2011 (8/11/2012)
- Transition in Progress –> LODLAM.net (8/7/2012)
- Coming Soon… (7/10/2012)
- Linked Open Data at Museums and the Web (4/12/2012)
- Linked Open Data: What is it and why is it good for you? (2/20/2012)
- LODLAM-NYC (1/27/2012)
- Recently Published Reports (1/10/2012)
- LODLAM-NZ Round Up (1/3/2012)
- LODLAM-NZ grid (11/30/2011)
- LODLAM SF Summit Raw Session Notes (10/14/2011)